Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spicey Lunch

I LOVE a lazy day off!! No school or work today and since I hit the gym so early I have the whole day free. When does that happen? Never.

After I showered I went over to the salon my friend works at for a nice lil airbrush tan...feels so good to not be pale as a ghost anymore. It took basically a lifetime to finally scrub off the entirety of my competition tan. That nightmare will most likely happen again fairly soon since Halloween is rapidly approaching and that requires lots of spray tans. Even a few years ago when I was a vampire I got a spray tan, it's all good.

After my tan I made a delicious spicey lunch.
OD spicey seasoning

I baked some chicken breast yesterday, saturated half of them in Tomato Basil Mrs. Dash and the other half in an overwhelming mix of dried chipotle, cayenne, paprika and cumin. I like a TON of spice on my chicken because I don't marinate them or use any fat or salt while cooking them. Along with my chicken I had some steamed spinach (leftover from Sunday night's dinner) topped with a drizzle of balsamic and a scoop of hummus to dip (spicey hummus). Balsamic and hummus are a really good mix..up until today I always had one or the other. WHY did I never think to combine!?

Sunday I went apple picking with Dan and my parents, but unfortunately the whole orchard was COVERED in poison ivy, so we didn't nab ANY apples. :( While we were leaving we realized we went to the wrong orchard. The one we planned on visiting was actually a few feet down the road, across the street. Oops. By that time, though, the lines and crowds were RIDICULOUS so we just passed and came home! Now I wish we had stopped because I'm totally craving the homemade apple sauce I had PLANNED to make!! booo...

No comments:

Post a Comment