Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cake for Breakfast??

This morning's breakfast was amazing.


chocolate peanut butter heaven...

I used Chocolate Covered Katie's dessert pizza recipe and just went all out :)

I mixed together:
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 2 tbsp garbanzo bean flour
  • 1 tbsp applesauce
  • 1 rounded tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp cacao nibs
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • TINY pinch salt
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • drop of almond milk
Then I baked the concoction for about 15 minutes and topped it with "peanut butter syrup" aka 1/2 tbsp Better'n'PB, 1/2 tbsp coconut butter and 1/4 cup almond milk microwaved for 30 seconds and stirred up (sounds weird but trust me its delicioussssss). I poured the syrup over the chocolate blob and topped it with some banana chips for crunch and a squirt of whipped cream...since it was resembling cake anyway. why not? 

OMG seriously.....it was amazing. It just tasted like mushy delicious fantastic chocolate peanut butter cake. It was that good. Plus, the apartment smelled like a bakery. Since I'm always extra hungry in the morning I also had some egg whites with salsa :)

I notice when I eat a bigger breakfast with carbs and protein and healthy fats I have SOO much more energy not just in the morning but all throughout the day. I also notice I'm way less hungry throughout the day and don't crave sugar. 

It's hard to believe that a few years ago I used to just eat a bowl of cereal with some almond milk and maybe some strawberries and banana on top-that's IT!! Nothing but carbs and NO protein. I was usually starving about an hour (sometimes even sooner) after. Usually, I'd just have another bowl of cereal. Then I craved sugar and carbs throughout the day and would pick at JUNK. People are usually surprised at how much I eat for breakfast but since I've started having "bigger" (really, just more BALANCED) morning meals I've noticed such a positive difference in my hunger, energy and mood. 

Plus, today I worked out first thing in the morning on nothing but coffee, which usually leaves me STARVED.

Now I feel perfectly fueled and ready for another busy day of chores, work and class...won't be home until bedtime :(

No comments:

Post a Comment